Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Miracle on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

If you do not believe in miracles then you had better believed it now. Miracles still happen. And if the miracle I saw today is anything to go by then miracle is on the way to solving Nigeria’s problems or at least part of the problems. This miracle was not done by any man of God. I know some people will be thinking it was because along Lagos-Ibadan expressway there are several camps of some churches. This miracle was done by government officials.

I travelled to Lagos today by road through Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Can you guess what I saw around Ogere Toll Gate? I couldn’t believe it. The expectation was that we might spend some good number of minutes on that hectic part of the journey to Lagos but contrary to expectation it was a free flow of traffic.
The first thing I saw as we approached that part of the expressway was a cleared portion of land with tankers parked like soldiers on parade. They were so organized that I couldn’t believe my eyes. As we drove further I saw more of such arrangements and orderliness. I had to say to a co-passenger that this must be a miracle. It was actually a long time I had been through that way. You see why it is good to travel by road, you will learn a lot.

There was time that they tanker drivers were ordered to move their vehicles off the expressway but they were deviant. The more the government tried the more resistance they get. There were threats and counter-threats. It was like the issue was not going to be resolved. What I saw today was beyond my expectation.
Whoever was responsible for this feat must be applauded and commended. I believe that it was collaboration between the Federal Government and Ogun State Government. Whatever methods they used to get these tankers and trucks off the expressway were working methods and should be replicated. I see hope that better days are ahead. I know, as a scientist, that you cannot use one case to generalized but I am trying to express hope and faith here.

There are several areas of the Nigeria’s life that need such intervention. If they did it in this area, they can do it elsewhere. So I am begging those in authority to adopt this strategy in solving more problems in Nigeria. We need intervention in education, health, security, economy, corruption, unemployment, and so on.

I know that Nigeria will find her bearing soon. And the stories that we will be hearing will be similar to the one I just related. Success stories in every area in Nigeria.

Long live Nigeria. God bless Nigeria

#2015OnMyMind

#PoliticalGabriel


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 The Political Animal In Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena